Skip to main content

IM NO LONGER INTERESTED! (a poem?)

IM NO LONGER INTERESTED!


I’m no longer interested, as I thirst for change and see a future that is mine for the taking. To see what is beyond tomorrow, next week or even next year! But where I am right now…I’m no longer interested.

I’m no longer interested, in working a 9-5 corporate job, to help someone else achieve their vision. Pretending their mission statement is my own, when in truth I know I’m expendable and replaceable.

“Oh, so what you’re basically saying is your ungratefulThere are so many that would love to have your job, or job at all!”

I never said I wasn’t grateful, I will always be grateful for what God has given me. However, working for someone else...I’m no longer interested.

I’m no longer interested, with commuting via public transportation. To be bumped, pushed and touched. Saturated by the smell of someone else's forgotten hygiene, or consumed by their negative energy.

“Now you’re too good for the buses and trains huh?”

Never said “too good”, but I’m no longer interested.

I’m no longer interested, in telling my kids to duck in our own home, as bullets ring out in the night. Telling them no, they can’t go to the park right across the street because it could mean the end of their lives. Yelling at my daughter telling her to stay out of the window because bullets don’t have names. Not allowing them to go to the store alone, because of human trafficking, sick people that prey on kids and organ harvesters. Creating a prison out of what should be a home.

“Here he go, forgetting where he came from.”

Oh no I could never forget. It’s what made me who I am. The pain, the trials and the struggles. It’s built character, humbled me, made me strong…and while I’m forever grateful…I’m no longer interested.

I’m no longer interested, in the ordinary. In fake friends. In low energy beings. In the naysayers in the hopeless, in the abandoners of dreams.

“We knew this would happen. He thinks he’s better than us, just listen.”

I’d never think anything of the sort, and it's you, that haven't been listening. So as for the rest of this convo, I’m no longer interested.

                                                                                      — A.D. Sommerio

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Health Should be Nurtured Not Ignored

If this offends you then it very well may be YOU. Too many times I hear “I’m unhappy with everyone and everything around me.” The key words here are “ I’m unhappy .” Far too many times we want to find fault and blame in those we love and others, when we are unhappy with ourselves. You cannot and  will not  be happy with anyone else if you are unhappy in general. We have to detach ourselves as a people from thinking “It’s not me its everyone else.” Mental health is huge for everyone and it doesn’t matter your ethnicity, moral standing or financial status. Depression is real, PTSD is real, anxiety is real. But what makes it a danger is when you fail to see it happening to YOU and refuse to get help. The narcissism kicks in and everything is everyone else’s defunct and you’re perfect. This leads to brash and poor decision making because you believe you can “fix” your unhappiness but directly dealing with others instead of self. As for heads of household, friends, spouses etc. You

I get it 2020 but I'm on to you now and I'm moving forward!

I have come to the realization that 2020 is not going to stop throwing any of us curveballs. That being said, I wanted share this. For a while now, every time there was a tragic event I needed to take a mental break to recoup. I’ve watched cities burn, people dying from Covid-19, myself being stuck in the house almost feeling trapped.     The word “quarantine” becoming so synonymous with our everyday life it was ridiculous. But still it didn’t stop. 2020 refused to let up. Racial injustice, riots, looting and then finally a year of people close to me passing away.    Break 1, break 2, break 3….. and so forth. I found myself literally drowning in what was happening around me and barely living out my own existence and purpose.    So that’s what this is about. FIGHTING! Please, I implore all of you to keep going. Yes, we all need a break but life isn’t letting up. People are going to still pass away when you least expect it. Naysayers are still going to downplay and doubt all you have don

A Coincidence to You Maybe, For Me a Message!!!

The day after Christmas and I’m going through my own version of “therapy”. By therapy I mean playing this extremely time consuming and addictive videogame to numb me and take my mind off of the last week’s events. Now this game and I have a serious history and at one point I was playing it so much I began to neglect my responsibilities as a writer. So much in fact, I sold my PS4 so I would no longer play it. Did that work? Yes, actually it did…until I purchased said game for my daughter for Christmas and now have been playing it on  her  system for the lack of my own. But why the relapse? Well Friday December 20 th  2019 I did something I almost never do. I attended a funeral. Now let me backtrack for those of you that don’t know me very well. I don’t do death. I don’t do wakes and I don’t do funerals. This has caused plenty of controversy for years between both sides of my family and myself. It is in no way meant to be a sign of disrespect. And in the past, before I knew I was an